If your Eccotemp CE-L5 comes on for a small amount of time and then shuts off, please review the following troubleshooting guide.
1. Check your propane tank to determine if you are out of gas.
2. Check your batteries to see if they are properly installed. If your batteries are not new, try another set. When checking the batteries, if you encounter corrosion, gently clean the connections with a wire brush and install a fresh set. Be careful when doing this as battery acid is extremely harmful and poisonous.
3. Disconnect the incoming water line. There is a screen immediately inside of the incoming water pipe that may have clogged over time and is reducing the water flow and water pressure.
4. After following these steps, test to see if the water heater is working.
5. If you are running your CE-L5 with something other than the shower head connected to the outgoing water line, such as plumbing, disconnect this and try to operate the water heater to determine if your plumbing is the issue.
You need to have a minimum of 25 pounds per square inch of water pressure to activate and sustain operation of the CE-L5 water heater. If you cannot achieve and maintain adequate water pressure, your water heater will function erratically or not at all. To learn how to perform a water pressure adjustment, please click here!
Prior to completing the following steps, please make sure that your CE-L5 has completely cooled and your gas supply is turned off. Take the cover off by removing the 2 screws at top and 2 on the bottom and the knobs pull off. Disconnect and reconnect all wire connections to ensure that everything is properly seated. There is a flame sensor directly above the burner. There are 3 black rubber wires going up to the burner area. Two of these rubber wires are attached to igniters and one is attached to the flame sensor. The flame sensor has a noticeably longer piece of metal. It should be on the far right and have a piece of blue tape on its wire.
If you are still in need of our assistance, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!