Portable tankless water heater starts, then shuts off:
- The portable tankless water heater requires a minimum of about 0.75 gallons per minute (2.8 liters) and a minimum of about 20 PSI. Note: water pressure is at the lower end of operating parameters. You will need a sustained water pressure of approximately 40-60 PSI / 2.7-4.1 bar for adequate use if you are using a 12/18/120/240-volt pump. See ADJUSTMENT in previous section above.
- High Wind. For safety reasons, the heater will not start in sustained wind, find an alternate location for the water heater.
- Out of, or low on gas. Propane gas cylinders sometimes are contaminated with air, especially new tanks upon their first filling. Cycle the portable tankless water heater on and off several times (5) to purge the air from the gas, if this doesn’t clear the air then the tank must be purged.
- The valve on the propane tank should be all the way “Open”.
- Fresh batteries are required for ignition spark. Make sure batteries are aligned in the proper polarity (+/-).