ET Series Limited Warranty
Eccotemp Systems, LLC. Hereinafter Eccotemp, warrants the Chamber Body of its ET Series residential water heaters against defects in materials and workmanship for three (3) years. The Chamber Body as referred to herein shall mean the plastic body of the heat exchanger only, and does not include component parts attached to it.
Eccotemp warrants the electronic Circuit Board for a period of 18 months. Eccotemp warrants all other component parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year. This warranty begins on the date of original retail purchase or, in the absence of proof of purchase, from the date indicated by the serial number affixed to the water heater.
Eccotemp reserves the right to use reconditioned or remanufactured parts and units when repair or replacement becomes necessary. During the first year of this warranty, Eccotemp will reimburse up to 1 hour of reasonable labor expenses to a maximum of $95.00 USD to repair any defects in material or workmanship under the terms of this warranty. All costs for shipping and handling ar NOT included in this warranty including the cost of return. When advance shipping is requested, full payment for replacement parts and shipping is required. Upon return, review and inspection of the returned parts for warranty coverage, the purchase price of the parts deemed to be covered by warranty, will be refunded to the customer. An RGA number is required for ALL returns to Eccotemp.
Circuit Board or Chamber Body replacements to the original purchaser, made after the initial warranty expires and not later than ten years will be replaced by Eccotemp, subject to replacement charges not to exceed 25% of the current manufacturer’s suggested retail price of the unit model for which it was originally installed, or a currently sold comparable unit. Shipping charges are NOT included.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATION OF THESE LIMITED WARRANTIES
THE LIMITED WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN ARE IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THE FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE NOT DISCLAIMED DURING THE ONE YEAR PERIOD FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASE.
ECCOTEMP SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY HEREUNDER EITHER DIRECT OR CONTINGENT, FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights THAT vary from state to state.
These warranties shall be void and have no effect:
- If the Eccotemp heater is not used for its intended application;
- If the design or structure of the Eccotemp heater is modified or altered in any way;
- If the appliances or equipment not approved by Eccotemp are attached to the water heater;
- If the water heater is not properly installed in compliance with the latest issues of (1) the National Electric Code, (2) the applicable plumbing codes, (3) all local ordinances and regulations pertinent to similar water heaters, and (4) the manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines contained in this and other documents included with the water heater;
- If the Eccotemp water heater is not operated within the factory calibrated temperature limits;
- If leaks in the tank or defects in other parts arise as the result of improper use, improper installation, negligence in operation, failures resulting from accident, or from inability of Eccotemp water heater or any parts to function because of improperly made replacements and repairs, or damage by fire, floods, lightning, or any other act of God;
- If the plumbing design allows reverse flow through the Eccotemp heater;
- If the Eccotemp heater element or elements fail due to air entrapment;
- If the Eccotemp heater or connecting water lines are allowed to freeze;
- If the serial number label has been altered or removed;
- If the Eccotemp heater is installed in any area where it is not routinely monitored for proper operation or leakage of the tank or connections would result in property damage of any kind, or where such as location is unavoidable, a suitable drain pan was not installed under the water heater along with a 150 PSI maximum pressure relief valve;
- If the Eccotemp heater or any of its components warranted herein are used other than as a part of the complete and integrated system as sold to the original purchaser;
- If leaks in the tank or any defects in other parts arise as a result of (1) being operated with deionized water, (2) as a result of sizing that does not comply with the manufacturer’s published sizing recommendations, (3) use with preheated water in excess of 140˚F without the use of an approved tempering valve, or (4) operation above 100 PSI.
Replacements and/or repairs furnished under warranty carry only the unexpired portion of the original warranty or 90 days whichever is longer.
The terms of this warranty may not be varied by any person whether or not purporting to represent or act on behalf of Eccotemp.
WARRANTY CLAIMS PROCEDURE
RETURN MATERIAL AUTHORIZATION (RMA) – Upon verifying that a unit or part is covered under warranty, service personnel must complete a a “Return Material Authorization” with the following information;
1. Model and SERIAL NUMBER
5. Date of original installation
2. Name of owner
6. Customer’s replacement parts
3. Service Address
7. Shipping address
4. Defective Part
8. Payment information for shipping
Replacement unit/part(s) will be shipped when the unit/part9s) have been received, inspected and verified to be under warranty. Or if the customer desires, the unit/part(s) will be advance shipped with prepayment immediately. If the unit/part(s) are advance shipped, Eccotemp will reimburse the customer for the cost of the unit/part(s) upon receipt inspection and verification that a defective unit/part is covered by a warranty. SHIPPING COSTS FOR PARTS OR UNITS RETURNED TO THE MANUFACTURER ARE TO BE PREPAID BY CLAIMANT AND SUCH SHIPPING COSTS ARE NOT COVERED IN THE WARRANTY. Return the completed “Return Merchandise Authorization” to Eccotemp Systems, LLC Clearly identifying the unit or part(s) and nature of defect. Any return shipment must have the RMA number clearly marked on the package or it may be refused.
If service personnel have repaired the unit to perable condition with their own inventory, Eccotemp Systems, LLC, upon receipt of defective parts, will replace or issue credit for those parts verified to be under warranty.
Owner must promptly notify the installing contractor/dealer to obtain service under warranty. Prepare to give the nature of the problem, the model and serial number of the heater, and the date of original purchase. If for any reason the installing contractor/dealer cannot be located or fails to provide satisfactory warranty service, the Owner should contact Eccotemp Systems, LLC by telephone or mail.
Eccotemp Systems, LLC 3
15-A Industrial Road
Summerville, SC 29483
REFER TO YOUR MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED WARRANTY FOR COMPLETE DETAILS
This product was manufactured under quality control guidelines established by the manufacturer. Certification Approvals received by this product after extensive testing were received with the component parts chosen and installed by the manufacturer.
FAILURE TO USE EQUIPMENT, COMPONENT PARTS APPROVED BY THE MANUFACTURER VOIDS ALL WARRANTIES, FAILURE TO USE MANUFACTURER’S APPROVED COMPONENT PARTS MAY RESULT IN BODILY INJURY INCLUDING DEATH AND/OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY.