Depending on the product you purchased from Eccotemp, the warranty will vary. For more information regarding the warranty of your product, please refer to your manual or click here!
Returning for refund
- Any return for refund must be approved by Eccotemp’s Customer Service team prior to shipping anything back to us.
- Every return must be provided a RGA (Return Goods Authorization) number that is only provided by our Customer Service team. Anything returned without a RGA number will be refused. Eccotemp is not responsible for processing a refund on any returned product that was not first approved by Eccotemp’s Customer Service team and/or products that are lost in transit for return for refund.
- If your returned product does not have the original packaging and/or is missing any of the components that came with the product, there will be a non-negotiable 15% restock fee.
- The return window for used or opened products is 45 days and must be approved by the Eccotemp Customer Service team.
- You may return your brand new, unopened product up to 6 months from your purchase date. You must provide photos to the Customer Service team prior to sending in to confirm it is still in NEW condition. Customer assumes all shipping costs.
- Email email@example.com for inquiries and photos.
Return for repair (Repair not available in Canada, but please follow the below instructions)
If you feel your product may be defective, you will need to contact our Customer Service team prior to sending anything to us. We must have the following information before we can assist with any warranty related parts or extensive troubleshooting.
- Proof of purchase
- Serial number
- Photos of the installation
- Photos of the damage point (if there is one)
Troubleshooting your water heater
- Have a call with tech support after providing the photos, proof of purchase, etc. and walk through some steps and tests to see if it’s a simple fix or a part is needed. A support ticket will need to be created that documents each individual customer's experience.
- You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org, schedule a call with them at https://eccotempsystems.setmore.com, or live chat with them on our support page: support.eccotemp.com
- We will send you 1 round of parts before recommending sending your unit in for replacement if it is a problem that we cannot fix remotely. Your water heater MUST still be within its warranty window. The warranty does NOT start over if a replacement is issued. The warranty will continue with the original purchase date.
We want you to have hot water so we have a “deposit/loaner” program that is set in place to help keep you and your family with continuous hot water if you are sending your water heater in for replacement and do not wish to wait for the replacement to arrive while you wait.
- You place the deposit with us (the deposit amount varies per model of water heater).
- We ship out a "replacement” unit to you immediately and when you receive your “replacement” unit, you can use the box it was shipped in to send your defective water heater to our warehouse for return. We will immediately process the refund of your deposit, as soon as we have confirmation that the defective water heater has been returned to our fulfillment center in Ottawa. If your water heater is less than 45 days old, Eccotemp will provide a RSL for you to send your defective water heater back to us. Anything past the 45 day window requires that the customer pay the shipping fees.
- The deposit is a safety measure to ensure that we do not send a brand new water heater to a customer and they never return it or the defective one, leaving us out of pocket on a water heater. The deposit is 100% refunded back to the customer as soon as we receive the defective water heater to our fulfillment center.
- If you do not wish to pay the deposit, you may send your water heater back to our fulfillment center and when it is received back we will process your replacement. The warranty does NOT start over if a replacement is issued. The warranty will continue with the original purchase date.
We hope that this article helps clear up any confusion on our policy for returns on new or defective units. We truly care about our customers and want all of you to have the best experience possible with our team and our products. If you have any questions regarding our policy, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
*Eccotemp ships the ground equivalent for all carriers when shipping water heaters or replacements. Any expedited requests must be covered by the customer.
Thank you for choosing Eccotemp Systems!