Draining Your Water Heater
To Drain your water heater, follow these steps:
- Make sure the SH12 is powered down.
- Turn the incoming flow for hot and cold water to the off position on the respective valves located on the water lines.
- Flip the pressure relief valve to the open position. It should extend perpendicular from the pipes when open.
- Disconnect hot and cold water connections from the SH12.
- Allow ample time for the SH12 to drain
NOTE: After draining, a small amount of water may still remain inside the SH12.