USE & OPERATION
This water heater is for point of use and is meant for temporary water heating. You should not connect to a permanent inlet water connection or connect to a water distribution system to supply multiple outlets. This water heater is only intended for use with non-potable water (such as a portable shower) do not consume the water internally. This water heater does not screen contaminants and poses a potential health risk if used to heat water for consumption.
WARNING: This model is intended for recreational & portable use only. This model CANNOT be permanently mounted or plumbed in any way. Permanent installation will void the warranty.
- Be sure the showerhead or other water outlet device is in the "OFF" position.
- Set the water regulator knob on the face of the portable tankless water heater to its highest setting.
- Set the gas regulator knob on the face of the portable tankless water heater to its minimum setting.
- Make sure the gas cylinder is in an upright position and turn the gas valve on the cylinder all the way open.
- IF THE SMELL OF GAS IS DETECTED, TURN OFF THE GAS VALVE FROM THE LP-GAS SUPPLY CYLINDER IMMEDIATELY!!!
- Turn on incoming water supply. Ensure that you have adequate water pressure between 20-80 PSI.
- Turn on your showerhead or other water output device to the "ON" position and adjust to the desired water flow.
- There will be a series of audible clicks and the burner will ignite. Should the burner not ignite after 5 seconds, shut off and go to the trouble shooting section of the manual.
- Upon completion, turn the showerhead off or other water output off.
- Turn your gas and water supply off.
- For storage, disconnect the water and gas lines from your portable tankless water heater.
- Drain the water heater by unscrewing the drain plug from the bottom of the tankless water heater. See page 9 of the manual for location.
- Store water heater when not in use in a safe, warm and dry place.
WARNING: If the outside temperature is around or below freezing (32 degrees F, 0 degrees C), ensure that the drain plug is opened and water drained form the portable tankless water heater after each use to avoid internal damage to the water heater. You will also need to unhook the outgoing water line to ensure that any water in the heat exchanger is drained. Failure to properly drain your water heater will cause water damage which may or may not be repairable. Please check the warranty information found on our website at www.eccotemp.com for more information on freezing issues.
This appliance must be installed in accordance with local codes, or in the absence of local code, the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54, or the Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code, CSA B149.1, or the Propane Storage and Handling Code, CSA B149.2