1. Download the App to Get Started
Find and download the Eccotemp smart phone app on the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store by typing "Eccotemp" into the search panel.
2. Setup and Login
Once the app is installed, create a login and connect the app to the water heater. Follow the directions on screen and make sure the temperature knob, located on the back right side of the water heater is set to WiFi mode to complete the process.
3. Using the App
After connecting the SMARTHOME app to the Mini Tank, you will be able to remotely control the temperature and on/off status of the Mini Tank water heater. There is an energy statistics screen that will allow you to track your usage and help you manage your water heater's energy consumption. Regularly using and reviewing the app will help you fine tune your water heating needs, while helping you use less resources to do so, ultimately saving you money.
4. Getting Connected
Connect your Eccotemp SMARTHOME Mini Tank to other SMARTHOME devices like Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Once connected, the Eccotemp SMARTHOME Mini Tank can accept voice commands such as, "Ok Google, turn my mini off."
5. Other Button Functions
- Button blinking rapidly for 120 seconds: This is when the mini is in WiFi connection mode. To start or repeat connection mode hold down the on/off button for 10 seconds.
- Solid blue power button means the mini is off.
- When using the manual mode dial, the Eccotemp smart app will not work.
- The Mini Tank water heater will default to 118 degrees Fahrenheit if a temperature is not set with the app or the knob.
USING VOICE COMMANDS
The Eccotemp ESH Mini Tank Water Heater is the first SMARTHOME water heater of its kind to work with a mobile app and voice control. Once you open your Google Home or Amazon Alexa App simply add your SMARTHOME Mini Tank by adding a new device. Once added to either app you will then be able to use voice commands.
Note: All commands begin with "Alexa," or "Ok, Google," before issuing a command to the respective device.