Replacing the Gas/Water Valve Assembly
- First, remove the cover by unscrewing the 4 screws
- Disconnect wires from the microwitch/solenoid and unscrew the battery box ground wire from the gas flow dial base.
- Disconnect wires from over temp sensor using pliers.
- Unscrew water flow pipe from assembly. Unscrew assembly from gas pipe. Unscrew assembly from back of unit.
- Slide out assembly at an angle to avoid getting inlet and outlet pipes caught. (This might take some maneuvering)
- Slide in new assembly and screw assembly back to gas and water pipe.
- Screw assembly back into base of unit, reconnect all wires and put cover back on.